Induction ceremony of the 16th President of the CFPSL Prof Anuruddhi Edirisinghe, was held on 16th August 2019 at the Jubilee Ballroom, Galle Face Hotel, Colombo 03. The chief guest of the ceremony was the honorable Prime Minister of Sri Lanka Mr Ranil Wickramasinghe. Honorable Speaker of the Parliament of Sri Lanka, Mr Karu Jayasooriya was the guest of honour. Prof Nilanthi de Silva, Director, Quality Assurance Council, University Grants Commission, was the Special guest. Prof Nilanthi de Silva delivered a speech on ‘Quality assurance in postgraduate education in Forensic Medicine.
The CFPSL felicitated the following two medical personnel who had rendered great service to the field of Forensic Medicine in Sri Lanka.
01. Prof MSL Salgado, Former Consultant Judicial Medical Officer, Colombo (1982-1990), Professor of Forensic Medicine, North Colombo Medical College, Ragama (1990-1995) 02. Prof Ananda Samarasekara, Former Consultant Judicial Medical Officer, NCTH, Ragama (1990-2004), Head of UN mission of Missing persons, Kosovo (2004-2007) and Former Consultant Judicial Medical Officer, Colombo (2007-2013).
Professor Anuruddhi Edirisinghe felicitated the following teachers
01. Dr LBL de Alwis, Former Consultant Judicial Medical Officer, Colombo (1992-2007), on behalf of all the postgraduate teachers of Forensic Medicine
02. Prof Sujatha Salgado, Professor of Anatomy, University of Kelaniya, on behalf of all undergraduate teachers
03. Ms Indrani Kiriwandala, Science teacher, Devi Balika Vidyalaya, Colombo 8 on behalf of all the teachers of Devi Balika, where she received her secondary education
04. Ms Manel de Silva, 5th grade teacher, St Paul’s Balika Maha Vidyalaya, Kelaniya on behalf of all the teachers of St Paul’s where she received her primary Eeducation
Prof Anuruddhi Edirisinghe, the President of CFPSL, delivered the presidential address under the theme “Strategic Pre-Planning for quality assured Forensic Service in Sri Lanka”.